Snorkel Supervisor Guide Course
Snorkel Supervisor and Guide Training Course
SISOSNK002 Lead snorkelling activities
The Snorkel Supervisor and Guide Training Course – SISOSNK002 Lead snorkelling activities – is the qualification required to enable you to conduct occupational snorkel instruction and supervision in a formal setting.
Become a Certified Snorkel Guide Professional
The course provides the framework for participants to represent an organisation in a professional capacity as a Snorkel Guide to take unqualified swimmers on snorkelling adventures in the open water.
- Safe snorkelling theory and practical skills
- Professional responsibilities
- Dive leadership
- Incident management
Practical Skills Training:
- Snorkelling skills and equipment handling
- Group control and problem management
- Rescue skills
- Snorkel session planning
- Dive briefings and snorkelling skills development
Please join one of our scheduled courses or contact us to arrange a private course for your organisation.
PADI RTO, Australian Skills Quality (ASQA), Nationally Recognised Training Course
Course Details and Requirements
PADI Snorkel Guide course goals include developing your:
- Practical and theoretical knowledge about snorkelling, snorkellers and the environment
- Personal snorkelling skills
- Ability to plan, organise and conduct snorkel excursions
- Ability to avoid, manage and respond to snorkeller emergencies
Upon successfully completing all parts of this course and all other certification requirements, you will have earned the SISOSNK002 Lead snorkelling activities Statement of Attainment.
Knowledge Development establishes the knowledge foundation that Snorkel Guides apply while learning and conducting snorkelling excursions. The areas include:
- Roles and responsibilities of a snorkel guide
- Snorkelling equipment
- Environment considerations
- Emergency care and safety considerations
- Planning and conducting snorkelling experiences
Water Skills and Assessments
The Water Skills and Stamina section prepares students to attain the appropriate water skill levels for someone working in a leadership capacity, and develops these skills in students where necessary. They include:
- 15 minute tread/float
- 800m snorkel swim
- Snorkelling / skindiving skills
- Equipment preparation, donning and care/maintenance
- Duck-diving and underwater swimming
- Snorkel clearing and snorkel swimming
- Rescue techniques
- Tired swimmer tow
Practical Workshops allow Snorkel Guide students to put into practice the knowledge and skills they’ve developed in ways that they will apply them as functioning snorkel guides. There are three workshops:
- Conducting a Snorkel Experience briefing
- Planning and conduct of a Snorkel Experience
- Conducting a Snorkel Experience debriefing and post-experience activities
The following Snorkelling equipment is needed for course participants:
- Wetsuit (Exposure protection (as appropriate))
- Weightbelt (Buoyancy Control Device)
- Snorkel knife or tool
In order to attend and complete the course, all prerequisites must be completed in accordance with the ASQA Nationally Recognised training course associated with that level. The items are:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Hold SISOSNK001 Snorkel Statement of Attainment, or a certification of PADI Freediver, PADI Skindiver, OR, qualifying certification and/or experience in snorkelling skills
- Have completed an EFR Primary and Secondary Care training course within 24 months, or hold a Statement of Attainment in HLTAID011 Provide First Aid within 24 months. If the qualification is over 12 months old, a current HLTAID009 Provide CPR is also required.
Please make contact if you are unsure about the prerequisites or if you have concerns about the items required for this programme.
You may be able to complete any additional components required as a package with this course or apply for recognition of prior learning – please contact us for details.
Upon successful completion of the training course you will receive a Statement of Attainment for SISOSNK002 Lead snorkelling activities, including any additional units of competency you successfully complete. This results in a nationally recognised training occupational Snorkel Leading qualification.
The provision of this nationally recognised and accredited training course is in partnership with and under the auspices of PADI Asia Pacific as the RTO (RTO ID#6729).